Pumpkin Dutch Apple Pie
Surprise your dinner guests with a delicious dessert that's two pies in one. A layer of sliced apples topped with creamy pumpkin and a crumble topping is sure to please.
1 (9-inch) unbaked deep-dish pie shell with high fluted edge, (4-cup volume)
2 cups peeled, cored, thinly sliced green apples
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
5 tablespoons granulated sugar
3 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- For Apple Layer: Combine apples with sugar, flour, lemon juice and cinnamon in medium bowl; pour into pie shell.
- For Pumpkin Layer: Combine eggs, pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, butter, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg in medium bowl; pour over apple mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle with Crumble Topping. Return to oven; bake for 20 minutes or until custard is set. Cool completely on wire rack.
- For Crumble Topping: Combine flour, walnuts and sugar in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixtures resembles coarse crumbs.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories: 430 Fat: 19 g Cholesterol: 85 mg Sodium: 370 mg Carbohydrates: 61 g Dietary Fiber: 2 g Protein: 7 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.