Quick Apple Tarts
A simple sweet dough, rolled and cut, makes an easy crust for these individual orange-glazed apple tarts.
1/3 cup butter
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 large egg
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
Filling and Glaze:
2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
4 teaspoons granulated sugar
4 teaspoons orange marmalade, melted
- For Dough: In large bowl with electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in egg and salt. Gradually stir in flour until soft dough forms.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- On lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 10-inch square; cut into four 5-inch squares.
- Place squares on baking sheet; turn up 1/4 inch of edges of all squares to make a thick edge.
- For Filling and Glaze: Arrange apples slices on each square; sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until pastry is golden. Brush apple slices with marmalade and return to oven for 3 minutes.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Protein: 6g; Fat: 17g; Carbohydrate: 63g; Fiber: 4g; Sodium: 212mg; Cholesterol: 93mg; Calories: 424.
Recipe provided courtesy of Washington Apple Commission.