Sour Cream Orange Pumpkin Pie
Pumpkin pie spiced with orange peel and topped with a sour cream topping is a lovely way to finish a meal. Serve with spiced apple cider on a chilly afternoon.
1 (9-inch) deep-dish unbaked pie crust*
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 (15-ounce) can LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 (14-ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
2 1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel - divided use
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups sour cream
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons thawed orange juice concentrate or orange liqueur (such as Cointreau)
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Combine eggs, pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin pie spice, orange peel and salt in medium bowl; mix well. Pour into prepared pie shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350°F (175°C); bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes on wire rack.
- Combine sour cream, sugar, orange juice concentrate and remaining orange peel in small bowl. Spread sour cream topping over pie.
- Bake for an additional 8 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack.
Makes 8 servings.
*Use store bought, ready-to-use pie pastry, or your favorite recipe for homemade pie pastry.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.