Southern Pecan Pie with Toffee Crunch
Traditional Southern pecan pie with a buttery sweet, crunchy twist.
Pastry dough for (9-inch) single crust pie*
1 1/4 cups dark corn syrup
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups pecans halves
1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 cup toffee pieces - divided use
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Roll pastry into a 12-inch circle on lightly floured surface. Fit into 9-inch pie plate. Fold edge under and flute edge.
- Combine corn syrup, eggs, pecans, butter and vanilla in a medium bowl. Toss 2/3 cup of the toffee pieces with flour and stir into pecan mixture. Pour entire mixture into pie pastry.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove pie from the oven and place on a cooling rack. Immediately sprinkle remaining 1/3 cup of the toffee pieces over the top.
- Cool completely before serving.
Makes 8 servings.
*Use store bought, ready-to-use pie pastry, or your favorite recipe for homemade pie pastry.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories 690; Fat 40g; Cholesterol 110; Protein 7g; Saturated Fat 13g; Trans Fat 0g; Sodium 490mg; Carbohydrates 84g; Sugar 58g; Iron 6%;Fiber 8%; Calcium 4%.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Butterball, LLC.