A wonderful blend of classic springtime flavors—the tartness of rhubarb and the sweetness of strawberries—makes this double-crusted pie a winner.
Pastry for 1 (9-inch) double-crust pie*
2 cups strawberries, stemmed and quartered
2 cups sliced rhubarb
1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup tapioca
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Combine prepared strawberries and rhubarb.
- Mix together sugar, tapioca, and salt in a small bowl; add to strawberry mixture. Let sit 15 minutes.
- Pour fruit filling into pastry-lined pie plate; dot with butter. Top with a lattice crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes, placing foil around the crust edges to keep from over-browning, if necessary.
Makes 8 servings.
*Use store bought, ready-to-use pie pastry, or your favorite recipe for homemade pie pastry.