Strawberry Apricot Pie
Glazed fresh strawberries and apricots piled high in a graham cracker crust. A dollop of sweetened whipped cream completes this summertime dessert.
6 cups fresh strawberries, cleaned, hulled and sliced
8 fresh apricots, peeled, pitted and sliced
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 (9-inch) graham cracker pie crust
Sweetened Whipped Cream:
1 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Combine strawberries, apricots and lemon juice in a medium bowl; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine sugar, cornstarch and nutmeg; mix into fruit mixture. Place fruit mixture into pie crust (or graham cracker tart shells). Place on a baking sheet; bake 40 to 45 minutes or until fruit is tender. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate when cool.
- For Sweetened Whipped Cream: Whip cream and powdered sugar until soft peaks form.
- To serve, dollop whipped cream on pie.
Makes 8 servings.