Streusel Cream Peach Pie
Peaches and cream, they were simply meant for each other—add a sweet, crunchy streusel topping and you have a winning pie.
1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust*
10 peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced**
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 large egg
2 tablespoons whipping cream
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- For Filling: Toss peach slices with sugar and nutmeg in a medium mixing bowl.
- Beat together egg and cream and pour over peaches; set aside.
- For Streusel: In a separate bowl, mix together brown sugar softened butter and flour until crumbly.
- Pour peach mixture into pie crust; sprinkle streusel over peaches.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until top is browning and peaches are fragrant and soft.
Makes 8 servings.
*Use store bought, ready-to-use pie pastry, or your favorite recipe for homemade pie pastry.
**Tip: To make peeling the peaches easier, prepare a large pot of rapidly boiling water and a large container of ice-cold water. With a paring knife, score an X in the skin on the bottom of each peach. Plunge peaches into boiling water for about 30 seconds; transfer peaches directly into the ice water. The skins should slip off easily.