Sugar-Free Apple Cranberry Pie
This reduced calorie, double-crust apple and cranberry pie uses a brown sugar substitute.
4 teaspoons brown sugar substitute
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 cups apples, sliced
2 cups cranberries, chopped
2 teaspoons margarine
1/2 cup evaporated milk
Pastry for 1 (9-inch) double-crust pie
- Combine brown sugar substitute, flour, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add sliced apples and chopped cranberries; toss to coat.
- Pour into a 9-inch pie pan lined with half the pastry dough. Cover with a remaining pastry dough, flute the edges, and cut steam vents in the top. Dot the top with margarine.
- Cover the edges with aluminum foil and bake at 400°F (205°C) for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 350°F (175°C) and continue baking for 50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and re-cut the vents. Pour evaporated milk through the vents. Bake 5 minutes more.
Makes 8 servings.