Summer Tartlets with Green Kiwifruit
Recipe courtesy of ZESPRI™ Kiwifruit.
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
10 1/2 ounces blueberries or raspberries
3 tablespoons maple syrup or sugar
- To prepare the pastry, beat the oil with the sugar and the egg, until light. Sift in the flour and mix to make a soft dough. Roll into a ball and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Roll out the pastry to 1/8 inch thickness. With a biscuit cutter, or inverted glass make 20 rounds. Fit into oiled tartlet pans. Bake for 15 minutes, or until crisp. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- To prepare the filling, slice kiwifruit into halves and spoon fruit away from the peel. Dice kiwifruit pieces. Mix kiwifruit with the berries, and spoon into the cooled tartlet shells.
- Sprinkle each with a little maple syrup or sugar.
Makes 24 tartlets.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/24 of recipe): Calories: 80; Total Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 9mg; Total Carbs: 13g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 1g; Sodium: 5mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of ZESPRI™ Kiwifruit.