White Chocolate-Mascarpone Key Lime Pie
Lisa Speer's pie was a finalist in the Nestlé Kitchens Pie Recipe Contest, not only is it delicious, you can count on it becoming a family favorite.
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
3/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels
1 (14-ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 (8-ounce) package mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh or bottled key lime juice*
1 teaspoon grated lime zest
Whipped topping or sweetened whipped cream for serving (optional)
Toasted flaked coconut and lime slices for garnish (optional)
- For Crust: Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and granulated sugar in a large bowl; stir until well mixed. Press into a 9-inch glass pie plate to form crust. Bake for 10 minutes; transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.**
- For Filling: Place morsels in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) power for 30-second intervals until melted, stirring after each interval. Stir until smooth.
- Combine morsels with sweetened condensed milk, mascarpone, lime juice and lime zest; whisk or beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Pour into cooled crust; smooth top. Refrigerate at least 4 hours. (Optionally, place in freezer for 15 minutes just before serving).
- Slice pie into 8 wedges. Serve with dollops of whipped topping or whipped cream. Garnish with toasted coconut and lime slices, if desired.
Makes 8 servings.
*Fresh (not bottled) Persian lime juice may be substituted.
Tip: 1 prepared 9-inch (6 ounces) graham cracker crust may be substituted if desired.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.