Artichoke Foccacia Pizza with Parmesan Cheese
If you like artichoke dip, then you'll love the topping on this easy foccacia bread pizza.
1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons coarsely chopped garlic
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 (10-inch) focaccia bread, sliced in half horizontally
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a medium bowl, combine the artichokes, red pepper, cheese blend, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan, the parsley, the mayonnaise, the garlic, the pepper, and the cayenne; mix well.
- Place the focaccia halves, cut-side up, on a baking sheet. Sprinkle each half with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan.
- Divide and spread the artichoke mixture on each focaccia half.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.