Brie, Ham and Spinach Pizza
A pre-baked pizza crust is topped with pizza sauce, mozzarella, roasted red onion, Brie, ham and fresh spinach.
3/4 cup julienned red onion
1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
2 teaspoon olive oil - divided use
1 (12-inch) pre-baked pizza crust
1/2 cup pizza sauce
1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
4 ounces Brie, sliced 1/4-inch thick
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
3 ounces ham, diced 1/4-inch thick
12 to 15 fresh spinach leaves, stems removed
- Preheat the oven to 475°F (245°C).
- Toss the red onion and garlic with 1 teaspoon of olive oil; roast until soft for 5 minutes. Cool.
- Place the pizza crust on a pizza pan or a large baking sheet. Spread the sauce on the pizza crust. Sprinkle the mozzarella over the sauce. Arrange the ham on top of the mozzarella.
- Sprinkle the cooled red onion mixture on top of the ham. Arrange the Brie on top, and sprinkle with the cumin. Toss the spinach with the remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil to coat lightly; arrange on top of the pizza.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.