Chicken Santa Fe Pizza
A spicy, Southwestern chicken pizza with three types of cheese—cheddar, mozzarella and jalapeño Havarti—and garnished with chopped fresh cilantro.
1 boneless chicken breast
5 cloves garlic, chopped - divided use
Chili powder, to taste
Cayenne pepper, to taste
Paprika, to taste
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 red pepper, seeded and julienned
1 Spanish onion, julienned
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup white wine
1/2 cup marinara sauce
1/2 cup salsa
1 (16-ounce) pizza dough ball
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
1 cup jalapeño Havarti cheese
1/4 ounce chopped cilantro
- Marinate the chicken using half of the garlic and the seasonings, to taste.
- Fully cook the chicken on a grill and slice thin.
- Preheat a deck oven to 500°F (260°C).
- Sauté the peppers and onions with the remaining garlic in the olive oil. Season with salt, and pepper, to taste; add the white wine. Cook for 3 minutes, keeping the vegetables firm. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the marinara and salsa together. Set aside.
- Form the dough into a 16-inch circle and place on a peel.
- Spread the sauce on the dough; cover with the cheddar and mozzarella cheeses.
- Top the pie with the peppers and onion, then the chicken, and finally, the Havarti cheese. Sprinkle the top with chopped cilantro.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.