Classic Greek Chicken Pizza
This recipe for Greek-style chicken, lemon and spinach pizza includes directions for making homemade pizza dough.
4 cups (approximately) all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 package rapid rise yeast
1 1/2 cups water (120°F | 50°C)
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
Black pepper to taste
Salt to taste
4 ounces olive oil - divided use
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
2 lemons, zested
1 pound spinach leaves, stemmed, washed, patted dry
4 cups Wisconsin Kasseri cheese, crumbled
2 cups shredded Wisconsin Provolone cheese
- For Dough: In a large mixing bowl combine flour, salt garlic and yeast.
- In a small bowl mix together water, honey and olive oil. Add to flour mixture and mix with a heavy wooden spoon until it comes together into a ball. Place dough on a floured surface and knead with the palm of your hand until needed. Cover dough and let rest for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Roll dough out into 4 (10-inch) circles. Place dough circles on pizza screen. Pre-bake at 400°F (205°C) for 4 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste and coat with a small amount of the olive oil for grilling. Grill breasts until cooked, approximately 5 to 7 minutes and allow to cool. Thinly slice and reserve.
- In a small bowl, combine thyme, rosemary, oregano and parsley. Stir in mayonnaise, garlic and lemon zest.
- With a pallet knife spread the herbed mayonnaise on the pizza dough. Top with spinach and the chicken breast. Sprinkle the Kasseri and Provolone cheese on and bake at 400°F (205°C) for 5 minutes or until the pizza is warmed through. Remove from oven and drizzle with remaining olive oil and serve.
Makes 4 (10-inch) pizzas.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.