Confetti's Barbecue Chicken Pizza
Chef Sally McArthur's spin on barbecue chicken pizza will have your taste buds in a flavor frenzy.
1 (0.25-ounce) package active dry yeast or 2 1/4 teaspoons
1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°F | 45°C)
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
2 1/2 cups unbleached high-gluten flour
1 cup semolina flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/4 cups warm water
1/2 cup spicy barbecue sauce
2/3 cup Wisconsin Provolone, grated
1/2 cup Wisconsin Style Havarti, cubed
1 cup cooked chicken met, cubed and tossed in 2 tablespoons spicy barbecue sauce
2 tablespoons diced red onion
2 tablespoons pitted and chopped Kalamata
1 tablespoon roasted garlic, chopped
1/2 cup Wisconsin Smoked Mozzarella, grated
Pinch of kosher salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon whole cilantro leaves
- To Make Dough: In a glass measuring cup, mix yeast with water and sugar and stir well. Set aside for 5 minutes. In large mixing bowl, combine high-gluten flour, semolina flour and salt. Add olive oil to the yeast mixture and stir well. Add yeast/oil mixture to flour and mix well. Add 1 cup of the additional water (add remaining 1/4 cup as needed). If using an electric mixer, mix at medium speed with dough hook for 6 to 8 minutes. Otherwise knead by hand for 8 to 10 minutes until dough is smooth and shiny.
- Put 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a mixing bowl. Place dough in bowl and turn twice to coat with oil. Place bowl in warm place for dough to rise until double in bulk (about 1 1/2 hours).
- Punch down dough and knead for about 2 minutes. Roll or stretch dough into a circle 16 inches in diameter (14 to 15 ounces of dough is needed). Place dough on a pizza pan; or if using a baking stone, place dough on a pizza peel that has been lightly dusted with cornmeal.
- To Assemble Pizza: Spread barbecue sauce to within 1/3 inch of edge of pizza. Evenly distribute the following toppings in this order: Provolone, Wisconsin Style Havarti, chicken, red onion, Kalamata olives, garlic and smoked Mozzarella.
- Bake pizza in a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) for 10 to 12 minutes or until crust is crisp and brown.
- Before serving brush top of pizza with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle on kosher salt and place cilantro leaves evenly around the top.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.