Dessert Pizza with Kiwifruit
Excellent served with frozen vanilla yogurt or ice cream. Recipe courtesy of ZESPRI™ Kiwifruit.
1 cup self-rising flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 to 1/2 cup milk
1 tablespoon melted butter
3 gold kiwifruit
2 green kiwifruit
4 tablespoons cream cheese (substitute no fat cream cheese for lite version)
3 to 4 strawberries or grapes
1/4 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- For Crust: Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar; then, add enough milk to make a soft dough.
- Pat out on a lightly greased cookie sheet to form a 7 to 8-inch circle. Flute the edges, if desired.
- Brush the dough with the melted butter and bake for about 12 minutes, or until golden and cooked. Set aside to cool completely.
- For Topping: Peel and slice the kiwifruit into rounds. Mash one kiwifruit with a fork, and combine it with the cream cheese.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over the finished pizza base.
- Top with slices of the remaining fruit, alternating green and gold slices and filling the center with strawberries or grapes. Sprinkle with nuts.
Makes 6 servings.
Tip: The pizza can be briefly grilled and served warm if desired. Alternatively, serve it at room temperature.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of ZESPRI™ Kiwifruit.