Five Cheese Pizza Crescent
Frozen bread dough puts the easy into making this pizza crescent roll, filled with five cheeses, mushrooms, tomatoes, bell pepper and onion, easy to assemble. Serve slices drizzled with warm marinara sauce.
1 loaf frozen bread dough
1/2 cup shredded Wisconsin Mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shredded Wisconsin Provolone cheese
1/2 cup shredded Wisconsin Swiss cheese
1/2 cup shredded Wisconsin Cheddar cheese
1 (4-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
1 large tomato, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1 medium onion, sliced thin
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic
1/4 cup grated Wisconsin Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup olive oil
Jar of your favorite marinara or spaghetti sauce for accompaniment
- Defrost and raise bread dough according to package directions. Roll out dough to a thickness of 1/2 inch.
- Spread cheeses over dough. Sprinkle mushrooms, tomato and green pepper over cheese. Top with onion rings, seasonings and Parmesan. Sprinkle oil over all.
- Roll dough, as you would a jelly roll. Shape into a crescent and seal the edges.
- Brush pizza crescent with olive oil. Puncture 3 or 4 times with a fork to allow steam to escape.
- Place on an oiled cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 30 to 40 minutes or until dough is done and lightly browned.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.