Florida Shrimp and Blue Crab Pizza
Recipe courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.
1/2 pound medium Florida shrimp, peeled and cooked
1 (12-inch) prepared pizza crust
1/2 cup prepared pesto sauce
1 cup Florida blue crabmeat
1 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Cut shrimp into bite-size pieces; set aside.
- Place pizza crust on sheet pan and spread pesto sauce over crust leaving 1/2-inch crust at edges. Top evenly with shrimp and crab pieces; add a thin layer of mozzarella. Drizzle olive oil over all then sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the middle of the oven until cheese is melted and bubbling. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Slide pizza onto a cutting board; slice and serve.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 427; Calories From Fat: 251; Total Fat: 28g; Saturated Fat: 8g; Cholesterol: 171mg; Total Carbs: 10g; Protein: 34g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.