Traditional Greek ingredients such as fresh spinach leaves, red onions, sun-dried tomatoes, kalamata olives and feta cheese top this rustic pizza.
1/2 cup pizza sauce
1 (12-inch) pre-baked pizza crust
3/4 cup shredded aged provolone cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
20 to 25 fresh baby spinach leaves, cleaned
1/4 cup julienned red onion
3/4 cup (4 to 5 ounces) crumbled feta cheese with sun-dried tomatoes
1/3 cup sliced Kalamata or black olives
2 tablespoons finely diced sun-dried tomatoes
Balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Place the pizza crust on a pizza pan or a large baking sheet.
- Spread the sauce on the pizza crust. Sprinkle the provolone and mozzarella on the sauce.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 450°F (230°C) for 7 to 9 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned. Remove from the oven.
- Arrange the spinach leaves over the top of the pizza. Arrange the red onions over the spinach; sprinkle the feta cheese, black olives, and sun-dried tomatoes over the top.
- Mist the pizza with balsamic vinegar, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Tip: You may substitute another flavored feta cheese. Homemade pizza crust may be substituted, if desired. Pre-baked the crust for 5 to 10 minutes, then proceed with the recipe as written. If you prefer cooked onion, place the onion over the sauce prior to baking.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.