Grilled Mexican Chicken Pizza
Recipe courtesy of CanolaInfo.org.
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (3-ounce) chicken breast
4 (8-inch) whole wheat tortillas
1/2 cup shredded low fat Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 cup finely diced green pepper
1/4 cup finely diced red onion
1/4 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
1 cup shredded lettuce
3 Roma tomatoes, finely chopped
1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- Combine lime juice, canola oil, garlic, chili powder and salt and pepper in large bowl. Whisk ingredients together.
- Cut chicken breast into 1/2-inch pieces. Toss with oil mixture. Marinate mixture, refrigerated, for 2 to 4 hours.
- Stir fry chicken mixture in large wok over medium high heat until chicken pieces are cooked and juices run clear. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Arrange tortillas on rimmed, foil lined baking sheets. Divide cheese and sprinkle over tortillas.
- Bake until golden brown, about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine chicken, salsa, green pepper, red onion and parsley. Mix well. Spoon mixture onto warm tortillas. Spread mixture as evenly as possible. Bake again until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Top with lettuce, tomatoes and a dollop of sour cream. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 260; Total Fat: 9g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 20mg; Total Carbs: 35g; Fiber: 5g; Sugar: 7g; Protein: 180g; Sodium: 560mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of CanolaInfo.org.