Heinen's Own Two Course Pizza For Two
Here's a unique pizza created by Chef Ron Morris that takes care of both supper and dessert in one fell swoop!
1 (0.25-ounce) package active dry yeast or 2 1/4 teaspoons
1/4 cup warm water (105°F to 115°F | 40°C to 45°C)
2 1/2 cups unbleached flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup warm water
6 ounces pizza sauce
2 ounces Prosciutto di Parma, sliced 1/8 x 1/8 x 1 inch
2 ounces artichoke hearts, cut in 1/8 inch slices
4 ounces of a four Wisconsin cheese blend (equal parts shredded cheddar, Muenster, provolone and grated Parmesan)
1/4 cup apricot preserves
5 ounces Wisconsin Brie, sliced 1/8 inch thick
1 large Granny smith apple, cored, sliced 1/8 inch thick
2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar mixture
- For Dough: Dissolve yeast with 1/4 cup warm water and stir well. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour and salt. Add olive oil to yeast mixture and stir well. Add yeast/oil mixture to flour. Add 1/2 cup of water and stir to combine. Knead dough in the bowl until it comes together into a compact ball. Turn dough out of the bowl and knead for 5 to 6 minutes until smooth and satiny. Put 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a large bowl. Place dough in the bowl and turn it twice to coat with oil. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and kitchen towel and set in warm place to rise until double in bulk (about 1 1/2 hours).
- Punch down dough. Turn out of bowl onto work surface and knead for 2 minutes. Stretch or roll the dough into a circle 12 to 13 inches in diameter, or press into flat pizza pan. Cover with a towel. Let dough take a short second rise for about 30 minutes.
- To Assemble Pizza: This is a split-topping pizza. Each half of the pizza has its own distinctive toppings. Take care during assembly to keep ingredients on the appropriate side of the crust. Assemble pizza in this order:
Spread pizza sauce over 1/2 crust.
Spread apricot preserves over the other 1/2 crust
Arrange prosciutto over the pizza sauce. Top the prosciutto with the four-cheese blend.
Arrange the artichokes neatly on top of the cheese.
Lay a slice of Brie at center of apricot side of crust; arrange remaining Brie slices in a semi-circle over crust.
Layer apples atop the Brie.
Sprinkle pine nuts over the Brie and apples.
Sift cinnamon sugar over the Brie and apples.
- Bake in preheated 475°F (245°C) oven for 10 to 12 minutes until crust is browned and cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Allow pizza to rest for 3 to 5 minutes before slicing.
Makes 2 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.