Mini Breakfast Pizzas
Recipe courtesy of The Incredible Edible Egg™.
4 large eggs, beaten
1/3 cup pizza sauce
2 English muffins, split, toasted
1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend (2 ounces)
Dried oregano leaves
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot.
- Pour in eggs. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with an inverted turner, forming large soft curds. Continue cooking - pulling, lifting and folding eggs - until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly. Remove from heat.
- Spread pizza sauce evenly on muffin halves; place on baking sheet. Top with eggs and cheese, dividing evenly.
- Bake in 450°F (230°C) oven until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with oregano.
Makes 4 servings.
Note: Pizzas can be baked in toaster oven at 450°F (230°C) until cheese is melted, 1 to 2 minutes.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 198; Total Fat: 9g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 222mg; Total Carbs: 16g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 13g; Sodium: 353mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Incredible Edible Egg™.