Pecan Four Cheese Pizza
Recipe courtesy of Georgia Pecan Commission.
1 (12-inch) prepared pizza crust
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 large onions, sliced
3 tablespoons goat cheese, softened
3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
2/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans
Chopped flat-leaf parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Place pizza crust on cookie sheet.
- In frying pan, heat oil. Add onions and cook slowly until caramelized, about 20 minutes Cool slightly.
- Mix the goat and cream cheese together and spread on crust; spread the cooked onions over the cheese. Sprinkle the feta and mozzarella cheeses over the onions; top with the pecan pieces.
- Bake for about 5 minutes or until cheeses melt.
- Sprinkle parsley over top before serving. Cut into 6 wedges to serve.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Georgia Pecan Commission.