Pepperoni Pizza with Peppers
Recipe provided courtesy of Pork, Be Inspired®.
2 ounces thinly sliced pepperoni
1 (10-ounce) refrigerated pizza crust
1 medium onion
1/2 each red and green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
1/2 cup pizza sauce
1 cup shredded pizza cheese
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Grease a pizza pan, sprinkle lightly with cornmeal (optional) and press crust into pan. Bake 6 to 8 minutes until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet and sauté onion and pepper until soft.
- Spread sauce over pizza crust; top with vegetables, pepperoni and cheese, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes more or until edge of crust is golden brown and cheese is lightly browned.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 410; Total Fat: 19g; Saturated Fat: 9g; Cholesterol: 25mg; Total Carbs: 38g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 22g; Sodium: 830mg.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Pork, Be Inspired®.