Pizza with Lemon Chicken and Potatoes
Serve this hearty, flavorful lemon chicken and potato pizza to your family tonight. Recipe by Chef Salvatore Russo.
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 whole boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped, fresh garlic - divided use
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Juice of 1/2 lemon
6 large red potatoes
1 teaspoon rosemary
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (18-ounce) pizza dough ball
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 cups (3 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
1 tablespoon finely chopped red onions
1 cup heavy cream
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- For the pizza, preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Heat the oil in small sauté pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and sauté on both sides until half cooked; add 1/2 tablespoon of the garlic, the parsley and the lemon juice. Remove the chicken when slightly undercooked to a cutting board. Cut into 1/4-inch strips. Set aside.
- Cut the potatoes into wedges and boil until al dente. Drain, cool, and toss with the rosemary, remaining garlic, salt, and pepper. Roast in the oven until golden.
- Roll the dough to form a 12x15-inch crust. Top with the potatoes, onion, chicken, and cheese, and bake in the oven until the pizza is golden brown.
- For the sauce, in a sauté pan, add the butter, shallots, and onions. Sauté over medium heat until aromatic. Add the cream, and cook until it starts to boil, stirring often. When the cream is boiling, add a handful of the cheese to the sauté pan until the cheese has melted. Repeat until all of the cheese has been stirred into the sauce. Add the rosemary and black pepper, and simmer on a low flame for about 5 minutes.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.