Quick Pumpkin Pizza
Pumpkin pizza? Oh, yes indeed! Italians have been using pumpkin in savory dishes for centuries! You'll love the great flavor combination of pumpkin, cheese, garlic and basil pesto. Toasted pine nuts add crunch and flair. Perfect for entertaining when you're sure to impress your guests with your flavor creativity.
2 mini (8-inch) prepared pizza crusts (purchased or homemade)
1/2 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
1/2 cup shredded Gouda or Fontina cheese (plain or smoked)
1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
4 to 6 tablespoons BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese
8 teaspoons BUITONI Refrigerated All Natural Pesto with Basil
1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Place pizza crusts on baking sheet.
- Combine pumpkin, Gouda cheese and garlic in a small bowl; mix well. Spread mixture evenly on both pizza crusts, leaving a 1/2-inch border around edge.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese evenly over each pizza, leaving a border of pumpkin mixture showing.
- Dot each pizza with one-half teaspoonfuls of pesto, dividing evenly on each pizza. Sprinkle each with pine nuts. Place other topping choices, if desired.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese begins to bubble and crust starts to lightly brown.
Makes 2 mini pizzas. (Increase recipe as needed.)
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.