Spicy Pepper Jack Cheese and Chicken Pizza
Spicy pepper Jack cheese and smoky chipotle chile seasoning add fiery kick to this Southwestern-style chicken pizza.
1 (12-inch) pre-baked thin pizza crust
6 tablespoons pizza sauce
1 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
3/4 cup shredded fontina cheese
1/4 cup shredded smoked Gouda cheese
1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile seasoning
4 ounces chicken, cooked and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
1/2 cup canned roasted red bell peppers, drained and julienned
1/2 cup mushrooms, cleaned and sliced 1/3-inch thick
2 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Place the pizza crust on a pizza pan or large baking sheet. Spread the pizza sauce evenly on the crust. Blend the cheeses and the chipotle seasoning together in bowl; place all but 1/2 cup on the pizza.
- Arrange the prepared chicken, roasted peppers, and mushrooms on top of the pizza. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of blended cheeses.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes.
- Remove the pizza to a cutting surface; sprinkle with minced fresh cilantro or parsley.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.