Stir Fry Chicken Pizza with Mozzarella
Can't decide on Italian or Chinese? Why not do both with this tasty pizza?!!
2 chicken breast halves, skinned, boned, julienned
2 tablespoons oil - divided use
2 teaspoons minced ginger
1 red pepper, seeded, julienned
4 green onions, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 tablespoons unsalted peanuts
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons cornstarch
4 pre-baked individual pizza crusts
2 teaspoons oil
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups shredded Wisconsin Mozzarella cheese
- In a medium skillet or wok, stir fry chicken in 1 tablespoon hot oil until tender; remove from skillet.
- In skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add ginger; cook for 30 seconds. Add pepper, onions, peanuts and crushed red pepper; stir fry until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Combine water, soy sauce, lemon juice and cornstarch. Add chicken and soy sauce mixture to skillet. Stir until thickened; remove from heat.
- Brush each pizza crust with oil; sprinkle with garlic.
- Spread 1/4 of chicken mixture on each pizza crust; sprinkle each with 1/2 cup cheese.
- Broil pizzas until cheese is melted.
Makes 4 individual pizzas.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.