Thai Grilled Pizza
Recipe courtesy of National Turkey Federation.
1/4 cup fresh lime juice pulp
2 tablespoons green onions, minced
1 tablespoon crunchy peanut butter
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (10-ounce) tube refrigerated pizza dough
1 medium carrot, cut into 2 x 1/8-inch match sticks
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 cups shredded grilled or cooked turkey
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
Olive oil, as needed
- Prepare grill for indirect-heat cooking.
- Combine lime juice, soy sauce, onion, 1 tablespoon minced cilantro, peanut butter, oil, brown sugar, ginger, lime zest, red pepper flakes and garlic in a stockpot. Stir in shredded turkey. Heat over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Unroll pizza dough and pat into a rectangle, approximately 10x13-inches. Cut dough into 4 equal pieces.
- Reduce grill heat to low. Brush grill rack with olive oil. Using the indirect grilling method, slide pizza crusts on grill and cook until golden, about 3 to 4 minutes until dough is puffy and lightly browned.
- Turn pizza crusts over. Top browned side of pizza crusts with heated turkey mixture. Sprinkle with green onions, carrot sticks and 1/4 cup chopped cilantro. Sprinkle pizzas with cheese.
- Cover with grill lid or tent with foil. Heat pizzas about 5 minutes or until crusts are cooked on bottom, cheese melts and pizzas are hot.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of National Turkey Federation.