Zucchini Crusted Pizza
Shredded zucchini, eggs, flour, fresh basil, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, form the crust of this pizza topped with pizza sauce, sautéed mushrooms, Italian sausage and provolone cheese.
3 1/2 cups coarsely shredded zucchini
3 large eggs, beaten
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup shredded Wisconsin Mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup finely shredded Wisconsin Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon basil leaves
1 1/2 cups pizza sauce
1/2 pound sautéed mushrooms
1/2 pound Italian sausage, cooked, crumbled, drained
1 cup shredded Wisconsin Mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shredded Wisconsin Provolone cheese
- Salt zucchini lightly and let stand for 15 minutes. Squeeze out all excess liquid.
- For crust, combine zucchini, eggs, flour, cheeses and basil. Mix well and spread into a buttered 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 20 to 25 minutes or until surface is dry and firm.
- Layer sauce, mushrooms, sausage and cheeses on baked crust.
- Bake an additional 25 minutes.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.