Carnation Quiche Lorraine
Chopped onion, shredded Swiss cheese and egg form a rich mixture for the classic savory open-faced pie, Quiche Lorraine. Baked in a deep-dish crust and seasoned with pepper and nutmeg this is the perfect dish for a Sunday brunch.
1 (9-inch) unbaked deep-dish pie shell (4-cup volume)
6 slices bacon, chopped
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese (6 ounces)
1 (12-ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
3 large eggs, well beaten
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat. When bacon starts to turn brown, add onion. Cook until bacon is crisp; drain. Sprinkle cheese into bottom of pie shell. Top with bacon mixture. Combine evaporated milk, eggs, salt, pepper and nutmeg in small bowl until blended. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes on wire rack before serving.
Makes 8 servings.
- Quiche fits a variety of meal occasions from brunch to dinner and also makes an outstanding appetizer.
- If using metal or foil pans, bake on preheated heavy-duty baking sheet.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.