Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
Serve these spicy marinated pork shoulder
steaks with toppings of guacamole, a mild chili salsa, and cool
Chili Pork Steaks
- 4 pork shoulder steaks (about 6 ounces
each), cut 1/2-inch thick
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil - divided
- Green Chili Salsa (recipe follows)
- Easy Guacamole (recipe follows)
- Sour cream for accompaniment
- Trim and discard fat from pork steaks.
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder,oregano,
garlic salt, cumin, vinegar and 1 tablespoon of the oil. Rub
mixture on both sides of each steak. Cover and refrigerate for
at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare Green Chili Salsa and
Easy Guacamole; cover and refrigerate.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a
wide frying pan over medium-high heat. Add steaks and cook, turning
once, until meat is no longer pink in thickest part, about 10
minutes; cut to test.
- Place salsa, guacamole and sour cream
in individual bowls; offer alongside steaks to add to taste.
Makes 4 servings.
Green Chili Salsa
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 tablespoon lime juice or distilled white
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Stir together all ingredients in glass
bowl, cover, and refrigerate.
Makes about 2 cups.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pickled jalapeño chili, seeded
and minced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to
- Halve and pit the avocados and scoop the
flesh into a bowl. Mash the avocados
coarse with a fork; stir in remaining ingredients and season
to taste with salt and pepper. Cover surface
with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
Makes about 2 cups.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.