Heartland Honey Mustard Pork Medallions
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board.
1 pound pork tenderloin
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, country style
2 tablespoons olive oil - divided use
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon coarsely cracked black pepper
1 cup finely crushed corn flakes, or dried bread crumbs
Lemon wedges for accompaniment
- Slice tenderloin crosswise into 8 pieces. Flatten slightly.
- Combine the honey, mustard, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a resealable food storage bag. Add the pork medallions and turn to coat. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Remove the pork from the marinade and dip both sides into the cornflake crumbs to coat.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook for about 3 minutes on each side until internal temperature reaches 145°F (62.7°C) on a meat thermometer.
- Serve with lemon wedges, squeezing juice over medallions, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 320; Total Fat: 11g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 75mg; Total Carbs: 28g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 27g; Sodium: 360mg.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.