Honey-Glazed Pork Chops
A basic, honey-sweetened glaze for an easy dinner. Serve with favorite pasta and steamed vegetables.
4 bone-in pork loin chops, 3/4 to 1-inch thick
Sea salt to taste
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons honey
Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C)
- Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper. Coat large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add pork chops. Cook until brown, turning once. Remove chops. Place chops in 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Combine brown sugar and honey in small bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 20 seconds; stir to combine. Spoon half of the honey mixture over tops of chops, spreading evenly.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Turn chops; spoon remaining honey mixture over chops, spreading evenly. Bake until internal temperature is 160°F (70°C), 15 to 20 minutes.
- To serve, spoon pan drippings over chops.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories 229 calories Protein 25 grams Fat 7 grams Sodium 344 milligrams Cholesterol 69 milligrams Saturated Fat 2 grams Carbohydrates 16 grams Fiber 0 grams.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.