Honey Glazed Baked Ham
No holiday feast would be complete without a clove-studded ham baked with a honey-mustard glaze.
6 to 8 pounds fully cooked smoked bone-in ham
Whole cloves, if desired
1/4 cup honey
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Place ham, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting. Insert meat thermometer into ham surface at a slight angle or through the end of the ham so tip is in center of thickest part of ham and does not touch bone or fat.
- Roast 12 to 16 minutes per pound in 325ºF oven or until thermometer reads 120ºF.
- Remove ham from oven. Pour drippings from pan. Remove any skin from ham. Cut fat surface of ham lightly in uniform diamond shapes; insert whole clove in each diamond.
- Mix honey, mustard and ground cloves; brush on ham. Roast uncovered about 20 minutes longer or until thermometer reads 135°F.
- Cover ham with tent of aluminum foil and let stand about 10 minutes or until thermometer reads 140ºF.
Makes 12 servings.
- Looking for an easy and attractive garnish for this succulent ham? Use small whole pears, grape clusters and mint sprigs, or orange slices and maraschino cherries.
- This ham is perfect for sandwiches, and you can save the bone for making soup!
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories 200 (Calories from Fat 65 ); Total Fat 7 g (Saturated Fat 2 g); Cholesterol 65 mg; Sodium 1470 mg; Total Carbohydrate 8 g (Dietary Fiber 0g); Protein 26 g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%.
Recipe and photograph are provided courtesy of Betty Crocker Kitchens and General Mills.