Give your grill a new thrill with these
spiked kabobs. Serve with favorite potato salad, grilled corn
on the cob and cold melon for dessert.
Honey Pork Tenderloin
- 1/2 cup bourbon*
1/2 cup each honey, mustard
1 teaspoon dried tarragon
3 to 4 sweet potatoes cut into 24 one-inch cubes
1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 24 one-inch cubes
- 4 medium ripe unpeeled peaches, pitted
- 4 green peppers, each cut into 8 (2-inch)
- 8 yellow onion, each cut into 4 (2-inch)
- Oil for grilling
- Mix first four ingredients in a bowl;
stir well and set aside.
- Steam or boil sweet potatoes until crisp-tender.
- Thread 3 sweet potato cubes, 3 pork cubes,
2 peach quarters, 4 green pepper pieces and 4 onion pieces alternately
onto each of eight 10-inch skewers.
- Brush kabobs with honey mixture.
- Lightly oil grill.
- Grill over medium-hot coals 5 minutes
on each side or until thoroughly heated, basting occasionally.
*Bourbon is optional, can substitute 2
tablespoons cider vinegar
Nutrition Facts: Calories 640 calories
Protein 42 grams Fat 12 grams Sodium 290 milligrams Cholesterol
110 milligrams Saturated Fat 3 grams Carbohydrates 77 grams
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy
of Pork: The Other White Meat.