This cubed pork dish provides a medley of Island flavors. Serve with hot cooked rice and fresh tropical fruit salad.
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon curry powder
2 medium bananas
1 pound pork tenderloin, cubed
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup minced onion
1/4 cup flaked coconut
Hot cooked rice for accompaniment (optional)
- Melt butter in a large skillet, stir in curry powder until foamy.
- Cut bananas into 1/2-inch rounds and saute in curry butter until golden brown. Remove from skillet, set aside.
- Add pork cubes to skillet and saute until golden brown. Salt to taste. Stir in pineapple juice and minced onion. Cover and simmer 10 minutes, until pork is tender.
- Stir in coconut and bananas and toss lightly.
- Serve with hot cooked rice, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories 250 calories Protein 25 grams Fat 8 grams Sodium 108 milligrams Cholesterol 73 milligrams.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.