Margarita Pork Roast
Impress your family and guests with this delicious pork roast, with South-of-the-Border flavors that everyone will enjoy.
1 (3-pound) boneless pork loin roast
1 cup tequila
2 cups lime juice
1/2 cup olive oil
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon grated lime zest
1 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
1/8 teaspoon allspice
- Place pork in large self-sealing bag; combine tequila, lime juice, oil, garlic and salt in medium bowl and pour over pork. Seal bag; refrigerate 24 to 48 hours.
- Remove pork from marinade, discarding marinade, pat pork dry.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C)
- Combine rub ingredients in small bowl, pat seasoning mixture over all surfaces of pork. Place pork in shallow roasting pan; roast for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, until internal temperature, measured with a meat thermometer, registers 150°F to 155°F (approximately 65°C).
- Let roast rest 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/10 of recipe): Calories 350 calories Protein 27 grams Fat 19 grams Sodium 250 milligrams Cholesterol 75 milligrams.
Recipe provided courtesy of National Pork Board.