Create the feel of the Mediterranean with
these tasty kabobs. Serve with a green salad, couscous, an assortment
of olives and Greek music in the background.
- 1 pound boneless pork loin (or 4 boneless
- 1 (6-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts
1 sweet red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1 teaspoon oregano
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- Cut pork loin or chops into 1-inch cubes
and place in a self-sealing bag.
- Drain artichoke hearts, reserving marinade;
set artichoke hearts and bell pepper squares aside. Add reserved
marinade with remaining ingredients to bag; mix well and seal
bag. Let stand for 30 minutes, turning bag occasionally (or refrigerate
- Prepare medium-hot coals in covered grill.
- Skewer* pork, artichoke hearts and pepper
squares; grill for 15 minutes, just until done and nicely browned.
*If using bamboo skewers, soak in water
for one hour before using.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 212 calories
Protein 25 grams Fat 9 grams Sodium 286 milligrams Cholesterol
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy
of Pork, Be Inspired®.