New England Pork Tenderloin
This simple roasted tenderloin is perfect for a quick autumn weeknight meal. Serve with Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Onion and warm dinner rolls.
1 whole pork tenderloin, about one pound
1/4 cup apple jelly
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
2 tart red apples, unpeeled, cored, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- In small bowl, combine apple jelly, lemon juice and pumpkin spice; blend well.
- Place pork tenderloin in shallow roasting pan, brush with half of the apple jelly mixture.
- Roast for 20 to 30 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 155°F (approximately 65°C). Let stand 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place apple slices on broiler pan; brush with remaining apple jelly mixture. Broil 5 to 6 inches from heat for about 5 minutes or until apples slices are tender.
- Slice tenderloin; serve with apple slices.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories 226 calories Protein 24 grams Fat 4 grams Sodium 61 milligrams Cholesterol 67 milligrams.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Pork, Be Inspired®.