Parisian Peppercorn Pork
Simple chic. Serve this rich dish with a mixed greens salad, angel hair pasta and steamed asparagus.
4 boneless pork chops, 1-inch thick
Salt and pepper
1 cup sliced onions
1 cup finely chopped bell peppers (red, green or yellow)
1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon crushed green peppercorns
1/4 cup cream cheese, cubed and softened
1/2 cup half-and-half (light cream)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brush chops lightly with oil and season with salt and pepper. Brown chops on each side, remove chops from pan.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add the onions and peppers; cook until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add wine, garlic and green peppercorns. Cook over high heat for 1 minute.
- Return pork chops to skillet; cover tightly; cook over low heat for 7 to 8 minutes, until chops are just done. Remove chops to a serving platter; keep warm.
- Stir the cream cheese into the wine mixture; add cream. Heat through (do not boil). Season to taste. Spoon peppercorn sauce over the pork chops.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories 315 calories Protein 26 grams Fat 17 grams Sodium 254 milligrams Cholesterol 96 milligrams.
Recipe provided courtesy of National Pork Board.