Pork Chops with Curried Onion
Flavorful North Indian-style pork chops served with curried onions.
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon apricot jam
1 large red onion, halved and sliced thin
Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
4 1/2-inch thick rib pork chops
- In a small bowl stir together water and jam.
- In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat until hot and cook onion with curry powder, stirring, until softened. Stir onions into jam mixture and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Pat pork chops dry; season with salt and pepper.
- In skillet heat remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil over medium heat and cook chops until golden brown and cooked through.
- Add the curried onion mixture to skillet and cook for 1 minute, stirring to coat chops well. Serve.
Makes 2 servings.