Pork Chops with Sweet Potatoes and Apples
Pork chops and applesauce—been there, done that? Then try these chops served with sweet potatoes and apples for a twist!
2 medium apples
1/4 of a medium onion
3 medium sweet potatoes
4 slices of bacon
4 pork chops
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon bourbon, optional
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon chervil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a food processor with a metal blade add onion.
- Switch to the shredder and shred sweet potatoes and apple.
- Cook 4 slices of bacon over high heat until crisp and drain all but 1 tablespoon of the fat cut the bacon into pieces and set aside for now.
- Next rub 4 pork chops with lemon juice and brown them in the bacon fat.
- Remove them from the pan and set aside.
- Drain all the fat except for one tablespoon and deglaze with bourbon if you like.
- Next add the sweet potato, apples and onions. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Now add salt, pepper, nutmeg and chervil and mix well.
- Place the vegetable mixture in a greased oven pan and then arrange the pork chops on top of the mixture.
- Sprinkle with the pieces of bacon and chopped parsley.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350°F (175°C) for 50 to 60 minutes until pork chops are tender.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of HolidayKitchen.tv. Photograph property of CooksRecipes.com.