Pork Florentine with Linguine
These grilled boneless pork chops have an Italian-seasoned spinach filling sandwiched between two thinly pounded pork chops and are served with linguine tossed in Alfredo sauce.
8 boneless pork chops
1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 tablespoon onion, chopped
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 tablespoon prepared brown mustard
1 garlic clove, crushed
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
8 ounces linguine, cooked according to package directions
1 small container refrigerated Alfredo sauce, heated
- Pound boneless pork chops until very thin, but do not tear the meat; set aside.
- In a bowl combine spinach, chopped onion, basil, salt, pepper, nutmeg, prepared brown mustard, crushed garlic clove, and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Divide spinach mixture over four boneless chops. Top with remaining meat and press down firmly.
- Cook over a grill, about 6 minutes on the first side and 4 minutes on the other.
- Meanwhile toss the cooked linguine with the heated Alfredo sauce.
- Serve the chops with the prepared linguine.
Makes 4 servings.