Pork Fried Rice
This Chinese chow-house favorite starts with fresh pork, stir-fried with all ingredients for a satisfying one-dish supper. Serve with a cucumber vinaigrette salad and surprise your family with fortune cookies for dessert.
3/4 pound boneless pork loin
5 slices bacon, diced
1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
3 cups cooked rice, chilled
2 large eggs, beaten
- Slice pork against grain 1/8-inch thick, then into small strips about 1 1/2x 1/2-inch.
- In large nonstick skillet cook bacon until crisp. Drain bacon, reserving 3 tablespoons fat.
- Stir-fry pork in 2 tablespoons reserved bacon fat until lightly browned, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove pork and reserve.
- In remaining tablespoon bacon fat stir-fry mushrooms and onions for 2 minutes, until tender.
- Return pork to pan with reserved bacon, rice and eggs. Cook and stir to set eggs, about 1 to 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
Tip: For additional Asian flavor, stir in 2 tablespoon soy sauce, or to taste.
Recipe provided courtesy of National Pork Board.