Sausage-Stuffed Pork Loin Roast
Give your guests a reason to celebrate. This stuffed roast is both showy and tasty.
4 to 5 pound bone-in pork center loin roast
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 pound Italian sausage
1 small zucchini, diced
1/4 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
1/2 of a 6-ounce can tomato paste
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Cut deep slits between ribs of roast, without cutting through the opposite side. Sprinkle each pocket lightly with salt.
- Remove sausage from casing; discard casing. Cook sausage in skillet until brown; drain drippings. Combine sausage, zucchini, fennel seed and tomato paste; mix well. Pack stuffing into slits.
- Place roast on rack in a shallow roasting pan. Sprinkle surface of roast with Italian seasoning. Insert meat thermometer in thickest part of roast.
- Roast in a 350°F (175°C) oven for 20 minutes per pound or until meat thermometer registers 155°F to 160°F (approximately 65°C to 70°C).
- Let roast stand for 10 minutes before carving to allow juices to set.
Makes 10 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/10 of recipe): Calories 225 calories Protein 30 grams Fat 10 grams Sodium 390 milligrams Cholesterol 79 milligrams.
Recipe provided courtesy of Pork, Be Inspired®.