Stuffed Pork Chops
Stuffed chops at their most basic. To give the stuffing more flavor, try adding chopped sage or thyme. Serve with mashed potatoes, gravy and buttered green beans.
6 boneless pork loin chops, 2-inches thick, butterflied
1 teaspoon butter
2 onions, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
2 cups chicken broth
4 slices day-old bread, cut in 1/4-inch cubes
1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
Kosher or sea salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in nonstick skillet over medium heat. Saute onions and celery until transparent and soft.
- Add stock, simmer gently to reduce by half.
- Stir in bread, parsley, basil, salt and pepper. Remove from heat, let cool.
- Portion stuffing onto one half of each chop, fold over stuffing.
- Bake in a preheated 325°F (160°C) oven for 1 hour. Remove from oven when an inserted instant read thermometer reads 160°F (70°C).
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 221 calories; Protein: 24 grams; Fat: 8 grams; Sodium: 476 milligrams; Cholesterol: 60 milligrams; Saturated Fat: 3 grams; Carbohydrates: 12 grams; Fiber: 1 gram.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.