Sweet Ginger Pork Chops
Tired of the same ol' barbecue flavor? Try these slightly sweet chops. Since the marinade is used as part of the glaze, be sure to follow directions and heat it to a rolling boil before using it as the glaze.
4 butterflied pork chops
1 teaspoon ground ginger
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 cup honey
2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Prick chops with fork. Rub each chop with ginger and garlic.
- Combine soy sauce, honey and butter; marinate chops for at least 2 hours or overnight and bring to room temperature before grilling.
- Remove chops from marinade.
- Heat marinade to a rolling boil in saucepan. Remove from heat.
- Place drop pan in center of coals.
- Grill chops over drop pan, lid closed for about 1/2 hour.
- Chops should be basted with leftover cooked marinade and turned occasionally.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.