Artichokes with Spanish Style Potato Salad
Recipe courtesy of California Artichoke Advisory Board.
4 cooked and halved artichokes
Spanish Style Potato Salad:
1 cup red potato, cooked and cubed
1 cup cucumber, seeded and cubed (pared if desired)
1 medium tomato, seeded and cubed
1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon dried ground coriander
1/8 teaspoon granulated sugar
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- To Cook Artichokes: Rinse artichokes; cut off stems and top 1/4 to 1/3. Stand artichokes in deep saucepan or pot with 3-inches boiling, salted water. (If desired, oil, lemon juice and seasonings can be added to cooking water.) Cover and boil gently 25 to 40 minutes, depending on size or until petal near center pulls out easily. Stand artichokes upside down to drain.
- Remove center petals and fuzzy chokes from cooked artichoke halves.
- For Spanish Style Potato Salad: Combine all ingredients except artichokes 1 to 2 hours before serving.
- Mound potato mixture on serving platter. Arrange artichoke halves around salad.
- For Vinaigrette: Mix all vinaigrette ingredients well. Pour over potatoes.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of California Artichoke Advisory Board.