Asian Beef and Noodle Salad
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
1 pound beef top round steak, cut 1-inch thick
1/2 cup prepared light Asian vinaigrette
1/3 cup hoisin sauce
8 ounces uncooked whole wheat thin spaghetti
8 ounces sugar snap peas
2 cups shredded carrots
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/4 to 1/8-inch thick strips.
- For Marinade: Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl.
- Place beef and 1/4 cup marinade in medium bowl; toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes to 2 hours Cover and reserve remaining marinade in refrigerator.
- For Noodle Salad: Cook pasta according to package directions, adding peas and carrots during last 1 to 2 minutes and cooking until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain; place pasta and vegetables in large serving bowl. Set aside.
- Meanwhile remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 1 to 3 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Repeat with remaining beef. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Add beef with juices and reserved marinade to pasta and vegetables; toss to combine. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Tip: One pound boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1-inch thick, may be substituted for beef top round steak.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 523; Total Fat: 11g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 62mg; Total Carbs: 68g; Fiber: 10g; Protein: 38g; Sodium: 728mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.